Reason Racer - Privacy and Use Statements
Reason Racer is a free online game for use by teachers and their students in public and non-profit schools. It was developed with funds from the National Science Foundation (DRL-1019842) with continuing funding provided by ALTEC at the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning. Use by fee-based organizations, such as specialty schools and higher education, as well as use by for-profit or corporate organizations, requires payment. Contact email@example.com.
- All logos, screen images, badges, or displays of performance outcomes are for use solely in association with class instruction. Any use by third parties is prohibited.
- A valid email address must be supplied in order for ALTEC to contact teachers for technical assistance. All personal information will be kept confidential and will not be used for any purposes other than for administration of this site.
- Reason Racer registration requires teachers to create a username and password for each student. In addition, students create a player name for each game session. It is strongly recommended that this information is not personally identifiable by individuals outside the class.
- Reason Racer is an educational game and is not intended for free use by corporate or for-profit organizations.
- The features and options available to users are presented “as-is.” ALTEC will not alter the game or login site to suit individual use without a licensing agreement with the University of Kansas. We are, however, open to suggestions for improving this site's features and functionality. If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALTEC reserves the right to modify or discontinue Reason Racer without notice.
- The administrators of Reason Racer will not be held liable for any lost or incorrectly represented data. Should a system error occur, ALTEC will make attempts to restore lost data, but cannot guarantee all data will be recovered or accurately compiled.
- ALTEC will not be held responsible in cases of cheating or false identification provided by users. Procedures are in place to deter cheating, but ALTEC will not be held liable if cheating occurs.
- If it is noted that a user is in violation of any federal, state, or local laws, the appropriate authorities will be contacted.
- ALTEC reserves the right to delete accounts without the consent of the user if an item is found to contain inappropriate or offensive material.
- Users agree to abide by all local, state, national and international laws and regulations applicable to their use of Reason Racer.
- Cookies are used to track your location in this site.
- No records of individual site use or browsing preference are stored.
- No information is extracted from your computer unless it relates directly to the use of this site.
In connection with the use of Reason Racer, users will agree to the following restrictions.
Users will not:
- modify existing code or the presentation of the resource in any manner.
- copy the code in any way that duplicates the service or presents this service in an alternate manner.
- post any material or submit comments that are intended to offend or attack. Items or resources will not contain information that is derogatory or defaming to any individual, group of individuals, or organizations.
- post any information or content, including but not limited to, visual images that are unlawful, false or misleading, or that promote illegal conduct or purposes.
- promote bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- post materials that harass or are libelous, invasive of another's privacy, abusive, threatening, vulgar, obscene, tortuous, or otherwise objectionable.
- post or transmit, through Reason Racer, materials that would violate any law or the rights of others, including, without limitation, any threatening, harassing, defamatory, or obscene materials.
- post materials that are or could be in any way harmful to minors.
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any viruses or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files; access or attempt to access any software or content you are not authorized to access; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, Reason Racer or any systems, accounts, passwords, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through Reason Racer.
- use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods.
- post materials that violate laws against copyright infringement or intellectual property or other rights of another.
- post materials that violate rights of privacy and publicity.
- use Reason Racer to post junk mail, spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited bulk e-mail, commercial or otherwise.